So who’s ready for spring and summer?? MEEEEEEEE! I’m dying for summer to be here already! Lately we’ve been having warm, sunny days it’s been amazing! I love the sunshine! Today my Abba was off work, so we had a grill out for lunch outside. It was so nice, lotsa good food and lotsa sunshine, needles to say I’m Happy, Happy Happy:). Food+Sunshine+Family=Happy Avigail.
Back to Singing Sunshine Smoothie, even if it isn’t quite warm where you live this smoothie can bring you that summery zang! I’t super duper yum! Creamy,Zingy and just amazing! I’t make me happy ’cause it so yummy and also ’cause is so so so good for you! Let my purist brain rumble on a bit about why it is so good for, In this smoothie you have a whole lemon and orange including the white part of the peel, so this baby is loaded in vitamin c’ , anti-oxidants, anti-cancer properties. It helps with digestion, weight lose, flushing out toxins, speeding the metabolism, lowering cholesterol, boosting your immune system and improving your heart health! Also there is a 1/4 tsp of turmeric in here (or you can put more, I put 1/2 tsp) and we all know turmeric is amazing for you! You can also add some vitamin c powder for a vitamin c boost! Let’s make this Baby!
- One Orange (peeled leaving as much white part as possible)
- One Lemon (peeled leaving as much white part as possible)*
- 1/3 of a large Banana
- One Cup Almond Milk
- 4-6 doonks stevia
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Optional: vitamin c or amla powder.
- 8-16 Ice Cubes**
- 1/4 Cup Whey Protein Powder***
- Peel the orange and lemon and put in the blender with the 1/3 banana and 1 Cup Almond Milk, blend.
- Add Stevia to taste and the 1/4 tsp turmeric and vitamin c if using, blend again:).
- Blend the Ice Cubes, taste it and tweek it to your liking, more stevia, more lemon etc’.
- Add the whey powder, blend it for just a few seconds until it’s just incorporated, don’t let it froth up! Pour and ENJOYYY!
*If you don’t like stuff tart, use only half a lemon, I love tart so I put the whole lemon in.
**If you don’t want this shake cold and icy just stick to eight ice cubes.
***You can use 2 Tbs of collagen or 3/4 of a cup of cottage