Go climb a tree!! Just kidding! This picture is from this past summer when we went up north and went tree jumping, it was fun but the climb wow that was intense! I’m one of those odd people that just love love loves to exercise! I love almost any form of exercise except RUNNING! In this workout I’ve combined my favorite exercises that work the arm muscles with some fun cardio Intervals. The idea behind this workout is get in your classic arm exercises, that really help tone and strengthen your arms while mixing in cardio intervals that get your heart thumpin’ that most arm exercises don’t do as much. While you’re doing your cardio intervals your arms and wrists are getting a little break and while you’re doing your arm exercises you’re letting your heart rate drop. Do you see hows this works? If not don’t worry, you’ll get it once you do this workout.
This is how it works, you’re going to do 15-20 reps of the arm exercise(this is a general amount you can do less or more according to your level) , 30 seconds of cardio, 10 second breather( you get a break) . Then repeat with a different arm exercise or with the other side. I’m going to show you how I like to do this workout but feel free to mix and change around stuff this is just an example. This workout takes about 15-20 minutes, depends on how fast you do your arm exercises and how long you make your warmup and cool down! Take your time with the arm exercises and make sure you have good form!
Are you ready? Grab a pair of dumbbells,get a stop watch, crank up some music and lets have some fun! (optional jump rope).
Warm up- Start off with a short warm up, make sure to warm up your spine. Do some arm swings, roll through your back, roll those shoulder, reach down and touch your toes etc’.
- 15-20 Reps on each side bicep curls. 30 seconds Jumping Jacks. 10 Second breather.
- 15-20 Reps on each side Triceps Kickbacks.30 seconds high knees.10 second breather.
- 15-20 Reps of Rows on each side. 30 second but kicks. 10 second breather.
- 15-20 High pules. 30 seconds Jumping rope. 10 second breather.
Midway, going down for some mat work. (Take an extra second to drink a little water and catch your breath)
- 15-20 push ups with dumbbells,do a pushup row one hand then the other. 30 seconds Skaters. 10 second breather.
- 15-20 chest press on back. 30 seconds Jumping Jacks. 10 second breather.
- 15-20 Triceps Extensions on back. 30 seconds Jump Squats. DONE!
Cool down- Walk it out a bit catch your breath, Do some stretches and drink lotsa water!! You did awesomeeee! Way To Go!!
Have FUN with this if you hate Jumping Jacks switch it for something you enjoy more. and if you just plain dumb hate everything… then we have some stuff to work on😉Haha…