Carrot Muffins!!!! FINALLY! I’ve been trying to perfect these stupid muffins for the past THREE MONTHS! yah…me and my Mom have been having these for breakfast almost everyday for a few months, My Mom is pretty sick of them, I’m getting there myself but I’m not really supposed to tell you that. I should be advertising them and telling you you’ll never get sick of these! But eating these almost everyday for three months, that’s a long time :). These things are pretty stinking delicious,even after three months of eating them, they’re super moist with a yummy chewy crust, lotsa sweet carrots and… drumroll…. ZUCCHINI!That’s why they rock ’cause they got this baby in them! You won’t even notice it’s in there, it makes these muffins super moist and just amazing! So let’s make Us some Muffins!
INGREDIENTS: YIELDS: 12 Medium Muffins
- 2 Cups ground Oats (ground in blender)
- 1/2 C Whole Oats
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon THM Stevia
- 1 C Finely Grated Zucchini (about one medium zucchini, if you don’t want any green bits showing peel the zucchini)
- 1 C Finely Grated Carrots (about one medium carrot)
- 2/3 C Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 C Egg whites
- Turn oven on 175 C or 350 F.
- In a medium bowl mix all dry ingredients
- Whip egg whites and greek yogurt in blender for a few minutes, until nice and frothy.
- Put grated zucchini and carrots into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the stuff in the blender into the same bowl, and stir gently, do not overmix!
- Pour batter into muffin pan. (I use a silicone one, if you don’t have a silicone muffin pan, spray your pan with oil spray)
- And stick it in the oven for baby and me! let cook for 30 minutes.
- After thirty minutes they will be a little gummy still in the middle ( I actually love it that way, with a pat of butter oozing down) but once they sit overnight, they firm up and lose that gumminess. If you think there still gummy the next morning, cut them in across in half and heat them up! Bon Appetit!
These taste amazing with some good ‘ole buttah and a little raw honey!:P I hope you enjoy these as much as I do, or should I say did?