Hellooo!! I wish I could just type up posts in my head and just automatically publish them on my blog , Man I have so many ideas and recipes that I want to post but I just don’t have the time to sit down and type ’em up! I created this recipe about two months ago and just now I’m getting to typing it up. Been kinda busy here the last couple weeks between my regular schedule, we’ve had lotsa B-day parties( like four b-day parties!), I got my ID CARD! first army call up and having my wisdom tooth come in(I guess that’s not something I did, more like it knocked me out for the day). blogging got pushed aside for a lil. I hope I didn’t loose ya there, lets get back for the main reason we are here today, SOURDOUGH APPLE BRAID!
So who wants a yummy warm bread with a chewy crust stuffed with soft warm spicy Apples?? Oooh ME!! ME! PICK ME! Well I might not be able to actually bring this to you butt I’ll bring ya the recipe for it and tell you to go and make it yourself:). Everything tastes better when you make it yourself right?? Haha! Onward to the recipe! THM This recipe is an E (YAY!).
For The Bread:
1. 1 Cup Sourdough Starter
2. 1 Cup Rye
3.1+1/2 Cup Spelt Flour
4. 1/2 Cup egg whites
5.1/4 Cup warm water
6. Pinch of salt and optional Tablespoon of Coconut Sugar.
For ‘dem Apples:
1. 3 Cups diced apples.(pears work great too!)
2. 1+1/2 Cups water
3. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
4. 1/2 tea. ginger
5. 1/4 tea. cloves
6. 1/8 tea. Nutmeg
7. 1 tea. ACV
8. 3 doonks stevia
9. Optional: a few walnut and pomegranate seeds.
- Mix and Kneed the dough Ingredients in the order listed. (kneed for about five min on a floured surface)
- Let RISE FOR SEVEN HOURS. I know this is a long time but in this time the dough is losing all it Phyates and is lowering the Glycemic index, yay!
- After Seven Hours, go and make the apples, put all the ingredients in a small pot, let it boil over the stovetop and then lower the heat and put the top on, and let the apples simmer until nice and soft. (Takes a few minutes)
- While the Apples are simmering and your kitchen is smelling AMAZING, grease a baking sheet/wax paper, with 1/4 teaspoon butter or coconut oil, grease your hands too and spread out the dough about 30×20 s”m (12×7 inches). Go make sure your apples ain’t burning!
- Now take a pair of scissors(make sure there’s no glue or any funky stuff on it:) and cut ten slices on each side, about 1 inch thick and 2 inch lengthways.
- Spread your apples in the middle of your rolled out Dough (try and get as little liquid in, and leave a little room at the top and bottom).
- Here’s the Funest part! Start from the bottom and take one slice and put it over the apples, then take the slice on the other side and cross it over. Just keep Criss Crossing down. Once you finish pinch the bottom and the top.
- Bake at 175C/350F FOR 35-40 minutes.
The finished product! So yummy!!!
- If you cut a slice off immediately once its out of the oven, it will seem that its still slightly doughy (which I actually really like!) but after a few hours it firms up and isn’t doughy.